PGDL - ULaw vs BPP in-person Manchester

jlaw

Jan 16, 2024
Hi,

Recent English Lit graduate trying to decide whether to study the post graduate diploma in law at ULaw or BPP (both in-person in Manchester).

From looking at other forums it seems pretty mixed as both universities seem to be overpriced and mismanaged? Does anyone have any preference or opinion specific to the PgDL course in Manchester?

Any guidance or insight would be much appreciated.

Reactions: axelbeugre

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi,

Recent English Lit graduate trying to decide whether to study the post graduate diploma in law at ULaw or BPP (both in-person in Manchester).

From looking at other forums it seems pretty mixed as both universities seem to be overpriced and mismanaged? Does anyone have any preference or opinion specific to the PgDL course in Manchester?

Any guidance or insight would be much appreciated.
I am currently doing the PGDL at BPP because my firm sent me there but I think I would have preferred ULaw. I am based in the London campus and there are quite a few issues, however I have friends at ULaw who have issues as well so it is a difficult choice. What I would consider is where the firms you are mostly interested in send their future trainees and go from there. BPP seemed to have a lot of the US law firm future trainees and so if I was not sponsored I would have probably chose BPP regardless.

Reactions: jlaw

jlaw

Jan 16, 2024
I am currently doing the PGDL at BPP because my firm sent me there but I think I would have preferred ULaw. I am based in the London campus and there are quite a few issues, however I have friends at ULaw who have issues as well so it is a difficult choice. What I would consider is where the firms you are mostly interested in send their future trainees and go from there. BPP seemed to have a lot of the US law firm future trainees and so if I was not sponsored I would have probably chose BPP regardless.
Hi Axel,

Thanks for this response. I decided to go with in-person at Manchester with BPP however they have delayed the start of my course another week (unsure as to why). There is no chance you could send me the reading list? They have not released it yet and I would love to start studying.

axelbeugre

Legendary Member
Staff member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2023
Hi Axel,

Thanks for this response. I decided to go with in-person at Manchester with BPP however they have delayed the start of my course another week (unsure as to why). There is no chance you could send me the reading list? They have not released it yet and I would love to start studying.
Unfortunately I cannot because we do not have books, we use workbook but they will give it to you in class. I would say just relax before the course, I get that you want to be prepared but it might go against you if you start studying something without actually knowing what to do, what to focus on etc.. So I would recommend to wait until the course starts and relax whilst you can since it is a very intense course.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.