Placement salary

Pola123

Nov 14, 2022
Hi guys,

I just got an offer for an undergraduate placement at an international law firm in London and I feel like the salary is too low for London. Do you think it’s wise for me to request an uplift or at least ask for relocation support since I will be coming from outside England?

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Hi guys,

I just got an offer for an undergraduate placement at an international law firm in London and I feel like the salary is too low for London. Do you think it’s wise for me to request an uplift or at least ask for relocation support since I will be coming from outside England?
    Just to clarify, by placement, you mean a vacation scheme?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi guys,

Internships (less than six weeks) tend to be anywhere between £400-600 per week.

Sandwich years as part of an academic course tend to be slightly lower than this where they are a year long placement. They are typically somewhere between £21-28k per annum.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.