Planning to complete the SQE? Introduce yourself here.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone,

Welcome to our new SQE forum!

We decided to create this forum following our conversations with prospective SQE candidates. I know there is a lot of uncertainty surrounding what to expect from the SQE, how you should prepare, and how to pass the exam. The goal of this forum is to increase the transparency on discussions related to the SQE, provide a space to connect with other prospective students and access support from those who have completed the SQE.

If you are thinking of completing the SQE or are due to begin your programme soon, feel free to introduce yourself below, including your:

- Stage
    - When you will be starting the SQE (if applicable)
    - What support you are looking for

This will help to connect you with other students going through a similar journey, as well as give us a better understanding of what support to provide you with. We'll be working on free content in this space over the next year that we hope will be useful to all of you.

Thanks,
    Jaysen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi👋
    I'm Cath and I'm looking to start my LLM and SQE this year with the College of Legal Practice.
    I'm looking for any help, advice, tips and support as I know working full time whilst completing and succeeding will be a challenge - but one I'm looking forward to.

Thank you so much Cath and welcome to the community :)

Anisah Shah

Standard Member
    Feb 5, 2020
    Hi all! I'm Anisah, a Canadian who moved to London in 2019. I've been paralegalling in-house since 2019 (worked part-time while doing the GDL full-time) and have been with my current employer since 2020, they are currently sponsoring my SQE qualification process. I started with Barbri on their 40 week part-time course as I still work full-time and wanted flexibility. I'm registered to sit to July 2023 SQE1 exam and am slightly terrified!

• 🤝
    Reactions: OB, RANDOTRON and Erin

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi all! I'm Anisah, a Canadian who moved to London in 2019. I've been paralegalling in-house since 2019 (worked part-time while doing the GDL full-time) and have been with my current employer since 2020, they are currently sponsoring my SQE qualification process. I started with Barbri on their 40 week part-time course as I still work full-time and wanted flexibility. I'm registered to sit to July 2023 SQE1 exam and am slightly terrified!
    Thank you for introducing yourself Anisah. I can imagine it has been challenging to work full time alongside the SQE. Wishing you the best of luck for the SQE1 exam :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi everyone 😊. I work full time in house as a trainee and I'm studying part-time in preparation for SQE1 in Jan with BARBRI. Any hints & tips will be invaluable and greatly appreciated!
    Welcome Alisha and thank you for introducing yourself! How are you finding the studying for SQE1 so far?

Palilegal

• Jan 22, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I thankfully secured a TC last year with a U.S. law firm here in London and I will begin the SQE 1 with my cohort this August with Barbri. I am super nervous about the SQE but also taking on the TC (especially as an international student) and I'm grateful to have this platform to learn from others and share my journey too :)

I'm open to DMs from those in the same position or who have been through this to connect and even network in person!

Reactions: Erin and Jaysen

Erin

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Operations
    Jul 13, 2022
    Hi all, I am Lena. Just completed LLM and looking to start preparing for SQE1 as soon as possible. Any advice where to begin would be much appreciated. I would love to sit SQE exam in Feb 2024.
    Welcome to the community Lena 👋 Congratulations on completing your LLM!

Reactions: Jaysen

Erin

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Operations
    Jul 13, 2022
    Hi everyone,

I thankfully secured a TC last year with a U.S. law firm here in London and I will begin the SQE 1 with my cohort this August with Barbri. I am super nervous about the SQE but also taking on the TC (especially as an international student) and I'm grateful to have this platform to learn from others and share my journey too :)

I'm open to DMs from those in the same position or who have been through this to connect and even network in person!
    Welcome to the community! Congratulations on securing your TC! 🥳

Erin

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Operations
    Jul 13, 2022
    你好! I secured a TC last year with PM and will be starting my SQE in September this year with ULaw. Very nervous for the exam as I have heard it is actually quite difficult. So I would love any insights or advice for exceeding in it, or just general chat to vent frustrations.
    Welcome to the community! 👋 Congratulations on securing your TC! I can imagine how nerve wracking it must be leading up to SQE1, I hope that this community can put your mind at ease somewhat. Feel free to vent here, we are all here to support you. 😊

Erin

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Operations
    Jul 13, 2022
    Hi all! My name is Jun! I’m starting the SQE with BPP London this September (2023)! Lovely to meet everyone :)

I’m hoping we can form study groups and exchange some notes/questions from all our different providers once we start the course to maximize our chances of doing well!
    Hi Jun, welcome to the community and thank you for introducing yourself! 😊 A study group is a brilliant idea! I had a study group during my university exams and it was very helpful. All the best of luck! 😊

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Forum Winner
    Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Hi! I secured a TC at NRF and will be doing the City Consortium Programme with the SQE 1&2 at BPP. Definitely nervous as I've heard they don't go through all the subjects, so have bought some revision guides to go through before the course starts to recap the core subjects.

Erin

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Operations
    Jul 13, 2022
    Hi! I secured a TC at NRF and will be doing the City Consortium Programme with the SQE 1&2 at BPP. Definitely nervous as I've heard they don't go through all the subjects, so have bought some revision guides to go through before the course starts to recap the core subjects.
    Hi, welcome to the community! Congratulations on securing your TC! 🥳 Well done on planning ahead and purchasing revision guides, this forward thinking will really help in the long run. 😊

saz a

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jun 29, 2020
    Hey! Which revision guides if you don't mind me asking?

saz a

Star Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
    Jun 29, 2020
    Hello everyone! Sarah here, I have not yet secured a TC but am hoping there is good news awaiting from my upcoming vacation schemes! Nevertheless, I have paid down a deposit to start the SQE LLM at Ulaw this September if it is not good news (and I will likely be there if it is good news too)

• 🏆
    Reactions: Jaysen, Erin and j.s.cox

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.