Presentation Topic - Broad?

rlaura02

Mar 8, 2022
Hey everyone - I've got my first AC coming up and I have to prepare a 10 min presentation on 'any topic of your choice'...
I'm so stuck - I don't know whether to play it safe and stick to something that shows commercial awareness or go with something personal/non-academic. Not sure if we have to present in front of the other applicants attending but so worried everyone will have done the former and I could look silly doing something simple/personal!
Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Rach xx

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey everyone - I've got my first AC coming up and I have to prepare a 10 min presentation on 'any topic of your choice'...
I'm so stuck - I don't know whether to play it safe and stick to something that shows commercial awareness or go with something personal/non-academic. Not sure if we have to present in front of the other applicants attending but so worried everyone will have done the former and I could look silly doing something simple/personal!
Any suggestions would be so appreciated!!

Rach xx
Not that I think it will be the case, but if you are the "odd one out" it might actually be refreshing. Do the firm really want to find people that all think the same?

My advice is just pick something you can show your expertise in. Think about choosing a topic that you are interested/passionate/knowledgeable about and then "pitch" the subject in an engaging manner. You want your audience to walk away with a "that was interesting" more than anything else.

This is probably what the firm are really looking for rather than the subject of the topic anyway.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.