reapply for a VS in the next cycle

hepburn 2017

Apr 21, 2021
Would it be okay? I took part in a VS this summer and got rejected. It was Freshfields Asia office.

What should I do to get more fully prepared? Specifically, in the VS interview shall I change my answers to questions like "why FF" "what is your biggest accomplishment"?

thanks a lot~!!!!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If you have completed a vacation scheme at the firm before, it is less likely that they will invite you for another vacation scheme again. They may encourage you to apply for a direct TC instead, but I would seek feedback from the firm to see what they would suggest first, especially if you have spent time with the firm, they should be providing you with that feedback.

Reactions: George Maxwell

hepburn 2017

Apr 21, 2021
Thanks! So is it still possible to secure an offer after a failed vac scheme?
If you have completed a vacation scheme at the firm before, it is less likely that they will invite you for another vacation scheme again. They may encourage you to apply for a direct TC instead, but I would seek feedback from the firm to see what they would suggest first, especially if you have spent time with the firm, they should be providing you with that feedback.
mitt

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thanks! So is it still possible to secure an offer after a failed vac scheme?

mitt
It’s exceptionally rare from my experience, but not impossible. You’ll need to show something that suggests improvement/development from the time you completed your VS though.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.