Recommended Assessment Centres for SQE2

UmarBajwa

Mar 8, 2024
I sat the SQE2 in January of this year and comparing my experience to others in my cohort, the assessment centre can make a big difference to your experience.

I sat the assessments in London.
My written exams were in ITTS - Aldgate East
My oral exams were in - Royal College of General Practitioners (RCGP) [30 Euston Square]

I had a really good experience at both venues. Not to scare anyone but the computers can act up sometimes for the written assessments and the staff at Aldgate East (both the invigilators and IT) knew what they were doing and were quick to resolve any issues.

(N.B: No matter what weird IT bug occurs, don't panic because it can be fixed and they will add extra time to your test, just do not click "Next Question" whatever you do because once you go to the next question, there's absolutely no going back. You will be asked several times to confirm if you want to go to the Next Question so you can't do it by accident, but do not do it even if the invigilator/IT tell you to do it).

I heard from someone taking the exams that the Aldgate East test centre is the highest rated for SQE2 written and the oral venue was excellent as well, again well run and a nice place to be for the day. Thought it would be helpful to have a thread for people to recommend/warn against test centres!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.