Redirected to Vacation Scheme from Training Contract Application?

xtinew

Distinguished Member
  • Mar 15, 2021
    Just applied to large firm's TC without having any VS experience (what was I thinking?!). Even though I got a 95% percentile on the Watson Glaser test for this application and have done law internships outside of the UK, I feel that my lack of VS experience in this particular firm will put me at a disadvantage. It is possible to be redirected to the VS track automatically by graduate recruitment or should I ask to be put there? Should I not bother and just try for the TC? Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just applied to large firm's TC without having any VS experience (what was I thinking?!). Even though I got a 95% percentile on the Watson Glaser test for this application and have done law internships outside of the UK, I feel that my lack of VS experience in this particular firm will put me at a disadvantage. It is possible to be redirected to the VS track automatically by graduate recruitment or should I ask to be put there? Should I not bother and just try for the TC? Thanks!
    I’d just stick to the TC now you have applied.

• 🤝
    Reactions: xtinew

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Occasionally firms direct candidates to the vacation scheme if they feel they are better positioned there. That said, as you’ve already applied to the TC, I would stick with it - especially if it’s a large firm that accepts applicants from the direct route.

Well done on your Watson Glaser test score!

• Love
    Reactions: xtinew

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.