Referencing Sources in Applications

laby201

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jan 28, 2021
If I'm referencing a source in an application, would it be fine to place that source in brackets? For instance, "the firm works with more than 200 law firms across 100 countries annually (Law Careers Net)". Or is it better to just write it out, "I read on Law Careers Net..."

Or alternatively, for the sake of word count, is it fine to leave out the source? Or would it be better to demonstrate that you've utilised a variety of sources for research?

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
If I'm referencing a source in an application, would it be fine to place that source in brackets? For instance, "the firm works with more than 200 law firms across 100 countries annually (Law Careers Net)". Or is it better to just write it out, "I read on Law Careers Net..."

Or alternatively, for the sake of word count, is it fine to leave out the source? Or would it be better to demonstrate that you've utilised a variety of sources for research?

Thanks!
Either approach is fine. I don’t think you have to demonstrate you have used varied sources though.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.