Region-specific Interview Prep?

Shahil

Star Member
Dec 11, 2018
I have an interview at CMS's Bristol office coming up. For the previous application stages I just wrote about why CMS as a firm generally appeals to me, but in the interview should I be making my answers specific to the work that the Bristol office does? For example, I get the impression that the work the Bristol office does is lower value and less international than the London office, so should I avoid saying that CMS's international work or its high-value complex deals with big clients appeals to me?

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I have an interview at CMS's Bristol office coming up. For the previous application stages I just wrote about why CMS as a firm generally appeals to me, but in the interview should I be making my answers specific to the work that the Bristol office does? For example, I get the impression that the work the Bristol office does is lower value and less international than the London office, so should I avoid saying that CMS's international work or its high-value complex deals with big clients appeals to me?

I'd stick with "why CMS?" generally. Even if it's less relevant to the Bristol office, you're talking about what drew you to CMS in the first place.

It's a good question though. You may want to include a point referencing why the Bristol office, although, it's quite likely they'll ask you that question separately.

Reactions: Shahil

Shahil

Star Member
    Dec 11, 2018
    I'd stick with "why CMS?" generally. Even if it's less relevant to the Bristol office, you're talking about what drew you to CMS in the first place.

It's a good question though. You may want to include a point referencing why the Bristol office, although, it's quite likely they'll ask you that question separately.

I agree, thanks that is helpful :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.