Rejected after vacation scheme interview

sam30_

Feb 15, 2023
I interviewed for a vac scheme last week, and yesterday I received a rejection email with no feedback. I requested feedback and just heard back from the recruiter. I was told that I did not provide 'extensive responses' to questions. The interview was scheduled to be a 15min interview, and I was cautious of the time, so I did not go into unnecessary detail (we overran by 5mins).

I am upset because I done my best and feel as though the allotted 15mins did not give me enough time to really go into detail.

I don't know what to do with this feedback or how to improve in the future. I thought my responses were detailed enough, given the time.

Is it OK to go over the allotted interview time?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
I interviewed for a vac scheme last week, and yesterday I received a rejection email with no feedback. I requested feedback and just heard back from the recruiter. I was told that I did not provide 'extensive responses' to questions. The interview was scheduled to be a 15min interview, and I was cautious of the time, so I did not go into unnecessary detail (we overran by 5mins).

I am upset because I done my best and feel as though the allotted 15mins did not give me enough time to really go into detail.

I don't know what to do with this feedback or how to improve in the future. I thought my responses were detailed enough, given the time.

Is it OK to go over the allotted interview time?
Yes, it is fine to go over an allotted time. It is for your interviewer to manage the time not you.

Reactions: sam30_

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.