MELENA

Nov 23, 2021
Hi! I hope you all are doing great! I wanted to discuss my TC application with Eversheds. I applied in June and received a reply which mentioned that they were impressed with the quality of my application.

To be precise this is the message I received :
Dear Melena

Thank you for your application to Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Apologies for the delay in providing an update and thank you for your continued patience.

We have now filled our 2024 Training Contract places following our summer vacation scheme and our internal process for the location that you have applied for and therefore unfortunately won't be progressing your application. However, we were impressed with the quality of your application and would encourage you to apply again next year. We would recommend applying for the vacation scheme as this is when we have the most number of places to fill each year and this will open on 1 October later this year.

We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Eversheds Sutherland and hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Emerging Talent Team
Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP

I would like to know whether that comment was personally written for me or if it's just a general message sent to people who are rejected.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi! I hope you all are doing great! I wanted to discuss my TC application with Eversheds. I applied in June and received a reply which mentioned that they were impressed with the quality of my application.

Dear Melena

Thank you for your application to Eversheds Sutherland (International) LLP. Apologies for the delay in providing an update and thank you for your continued patience.

We have now filled our 2024 Training Contract places following our summer vacation scheme and our internal process for the location that you have applied for and therefore unfortunately won't be progressing your application. However, we were impressed with the quality of your application and would encourage you to apply again next year. We would recommend applying for the vacation scheme as this is when we have the most number of places to fill each year and this will open on 1 October later this year.

We would like to thank you for the interest you have shown in Eversheds Sutherland and hope to see you again in the future.

Kind regards

Emerging Talent Team

I would like to know whether that comment was personally written for me or if it's just a general message sent to people who are rejected.
I suspect it’s somewhere in the middle. It’s probably been sent to a group of candidates (and therefore not personalised) but won’t have been sent to all candidates.

legal_bagel

Standard Member
Jul 17, 2022

Dear Melena

Kind regards

Emerging Talent Team

Hey I got the same reply...guess I'm going to apply for their summer vacation scheme now. I know someone else who applied, got rejected, but did not get this email. So I suppose we're the lot from 'too good to trash too bad to offer' lol! All the best for next year!

MELENA

Nov 23, 2021
Hey I got the same reply...guess I'm going to apply for their summer vacation scheme now. I know someone else who applied, got rejected, but did not get this email. So I suppose we're the lot from 'too good to trash too bad to offer' lol! All the best for next year!
Wow. That's a relief. I'll be applying to the vac scheme too then! Thank you for letting me know. It means a lot.

Reactions: BeGrateful.101

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.