Future Trainee
TCLA Moderator
Premium Member
Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Hi Maria,

I think it's really important to just be honest with questions like this and list any and all resits you've had to do. The resit alone will not jeopardise your chances of success as long as you still meet the minimum grade requirements the firm has. I'd also suggest making full use of the mitigating circumstances section of the application form to highlight any reasons for being unable to achieve the grades you wanted/perform to your full potential during the initial exam.

NextStageOfTheApplication

Distinguished Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Nov 12, 2020
    Hi Maria,

I think it's really important to just be honest with questions like this and list any and all resits you've had to do. The resit alone will not jeopardise your chances of success as long as you still meet the minimum grade requirements the firm has. I'd also suggest making full use of the mitigating circumstances section of the application form to highlight any reasons for being unable to achieve the grades you wanted/perform to your full potential during the initial exam.
    Hi Dheepa

Thank you for your response. When they say resits do they mean resits since A-Levels? Thank you for flagging up the mitigation circumstances. Thank you

Ahi88

Future Trainee
  • Feb 29, 2020
    The resit section sometimes asks what the outcome of the resit was so be mindful of this too. So long as you have shown improvement then I don’t think this should be an issue it you have already reached the firm’s minimum requirements.

i agree with @Dheepa, honesty is the best policy here, especially at the early stages of an application!

Reactions: Dheepa

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.