Rosling King Paralegal Interview

NaimK

Valued Member
May 6, 2019
Hi everyone

As the thread title suggests, I have been invited to an interview on Microsoft Teams for a paralegal position at Rosling King. The interview is tomorrow. In the meantime, I received the following email:

------

I have now booked your interview in for 3pm tomorrow and you should receive a Teams/Zoom invite shortly from Laura Matthews.

Laura will be interviewing you along with another colleague from the Litigation team. She has yet to confirm who, as her usual interviewing colleague is on holiday.

There will be a problem question for you to complete and one of them will dial into the call first to give you this. You will have some time to complete it before you meet them both for the interview.

Please do let me know if you have any questions prior to your interview.

------

What can I expect with regards to the problem question? Is there anything I should look to prepare for prior to tomorrow's interview? I assumed it would be CV related and competency/strength-based questioning but I wasn't expecting this. Any kind of insight would be appreciated.

If anyone has applied for this position before, please let me know.

@Jessica Booker

Reactions: George Maxwell

TC fiend

Legendary Member
  • Apr 27, 2021
    I have no idea what a problem question would entail but I doubt it’ll be highly technical. I would expect it to be more testing of soft skills (attention to detail, time management, etc). I could be wrong - I’ve been a DR paralegal for almost 3 years but I was never given a problem question like that.

More widely, I’d make sure you have good examples of times you’ve used skills that will be important to this role (taking initiative, being innovative, having very good attention to detail, communicating effectively, time management, being flexible/adaptable). Ultimately those are the kinds of skills you’ll be using on a daily basis and that they have to be comfortable you’re good at to fit into their team.

Good luck!!

AvniD

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 25, 2021
    @James Carrabino @AvniD

Anyone have any ideas here? Trying to get a sense of what to expect. Since the interviewers are both members of the DR team, should I re-familiarise myself with litigation problem questions?
    The only thing I can think of is them giving you a document to review or a scenario where you would need to prioritise your time/workload and work with your team mates/supervisors to resolve an issue. It sounds like you will have some time to review the question in the run up to your actual interview, so I wouldn't worry too much. If you're really concerned, you could ask if the problem question needs you to prepare a point of law or approach it from a practice perspective, and I would expect the answer to be the latter. Wishing you the best!

Reactions: NaimK

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi everyone

As the thread title suggests, I have been invited to an interview on Microsoft Teams for a paralegal position at Rosling King. The interview is tomorrow. In the meantime, I received the following email:

------

I have now booked your interview in for 3pm tomorrow and you should receive a Teams/Zoom invite shortly from Laura Matthews.

Laura will be interviewing you along with another colleague from the Litigation team. She has yet to confirm who, as her usual interviewing colleague is on holiday.

There will be a problem question for you to complete and one of them will dial into the call first to give you this. You will have some time to complete it before you meet them both for the interview.

Please do let me know if you have any questions prior to your interview.

------

What can I expect with regards to the problem question? Is there anything I should look to prepare for prior to tomorrow's interview? I assumed it would be CV related and competency/strength-based questioning but I wasn't expecting this. Any kind of insight would be appreciated.

If anyone has applied for this position before, please let me know.

@Jessica Booker
    Hey @NaimK,

How did the interview go? What did the problem consist of in the end? Sorry not to have got to this prior to your interview! Happy to help with anything else you might have coming up 💪

Reactions: NaimK

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    No worries at all. Interview was a success and I got the job offer.

Thank you to everyone for their help and support.
    @NaimK that's awesome news! Apologies for only responding now, I must have missed the notification.

I hope that you celebrated somehow over the Jubilee weekend 🏆 🏆

Given your experience applying for paralegal positions, do you think that you would be able to provide any insights for @samni here?

Reactions: samni and NaimK

NaimK

Valued Member
    May 6, 2019
    @NaimK that's awesome news! Apologies for only responding now, I must have missed the notification.

I hope that you celebrated somehow over the Jubilee weekend 🏆 🏆

Given your experience applying for paralegal positions, do you think that you would be able to provide any insights for @samni here?

No worries! I'm happy with the achievement of course, and it's a step in the right direction. I'll be a lot happier when I get the TC opportunity I'm looking for hah.

Yeah I responded to that post. Hopefully it'll be of value.

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    No worries! I'm happy with the achievement of course, and it's a step in the right direction. I'll be a lot happier when I get the TC opportunity I'm looking for hah.

Yeah I responded to that post. Hopefully it'll be of value.
    Hey @NaimK,

It is definitely a very tangible step towards that goal though. Getting some legal experience under your belt will make justifying your choice of career easier and will provide you with tonnes of practical examples to use in applications and interviews!

Do you start this (i.e., today) or next week? Either way, keep me in the loop as I would love to hear how you are finding it.

Thank you too for replying to the thread I mentioned. I thought your post was great and will have provided useful insight for @samni 🏆

Reactions: NaimK and samni

NaimK

Valued Member
    May 6, 2019
    Hey @NaimK,

It is definitely a very tangible step towards that goal though. Getting some legal experience under your belt will make justifying your choice of career easier and will provide you with tonnes of practical examples to use in applications and interviews!

Do you start this (i.e., today) or next week? Either way, keep me in the loop as I would love to hear how you are finding it.

Thank you too for replying to the thread I mentioned. I thought your post was great and will have provided useful insight for @samni 🏆

I'm starting Monday 13th.

• 🏆
    Reactions: George Maxwell and TC fiend

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.