Forum Team
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019
    Reactions: Legalregal

PhoebeL

Esteemed Member
    Jan 7, 2020
    Hey! I was invited to the AC last year. I've applied direct for a TC this year as i managed to secure a different vac scheme last summer but what I will say is:

1. Congrats! GR emphasised that out of 900 apps only 40 were invited to AC which is incredible.
    2. The day consisted of:
    - 1 x Written Exercise - 1hr to read a bundle of docs about a fictional business venture - mine was hotels in Romania and deciding which strategy to use - SWOT/ PESTLE etc. Then we had to pitch to 2 partners - 1 a legal partner and the other non-legal - I had the head of the secretaries for instance.
    - Interview with partners - competency based/ why RPC etc. They gave me a situation which was basically examining how I would deal with increasing pressure, multiple deadlines etc!

It was my first AC so I was nervous which ultimately let me down. Everyone was super nice though and they provide really thorough feedback :)

Reactions: Ali2020

Legalregal

Valued Member
    Jan 13, 2021
    Hey! I was invited to the AC last year. I've applied direct for a TC this year as i managed to secure a different vac scheme last summer but what I will say is:

1. Congrats! GR emphasised that out of 900 apps only 40 were invited to AC which is incredible.
    2. The day consisted of:
    - 1 x Written Exercise - 1hr to read a bundle of docs about a fictional business venture - mine was hotels in Romania and deciding which strategy to use - SWOT/ PESTLE etc. Then we had to pitch to 2 partners - 1 a legal partner and the other non-legal - I had the head of the secretaries for instance.
    - Interview with partners - competency based/ why RPC etc. They gave me a situation which was basically examining how I would deal with increasing pressure, multiple deadlines etc!

It was my first AC so I was nervous which ultimately let me down. Everyone was super nice though and they provide really thorough feedback :)
    Thanks for this- interesting that they only invited 40 to AC. I think it was much more this year.
    It was my first AC too which contributed to me not performing well. Hopefully will learn a lot though!

Victoria R

Distinguished Member
    Jul 17, 2020
    Thanks for this- interesting that they only invited 40 to AC. I think it was much more this year.
    It was my first AC too which contributed to me not performing well. Hopefully will learn a lot though!
    I actually think it was probably a similar number, in my AC they said we were the third out of five groups and in mine there were 9 candidates. Based on my experience, the info above is super helpful - I definitely agree that the RPC interviewers are really nice and reassuring!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.