RS Training Contract Question

Sophia Dali

Standard Member
May 15, 2019
So Reed Smith has the following question on their TC app:

"What are your main activities or interests outside of your study or work-life?"

Do you think that could include also activities/interests that you used to have but no longer practice? Let's say university activities/societies that you participated in but you no longer do because you've graduated.

Thank you in advance!

Hazal

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Sep 25, 2018
Hi Sophia,

I actively do that actually! If your graduation was only say 1 or 2 years ago, then your activities then are still very relevant. Grad rec from Linklaters also confirmed this, if you'd like concrete evidence that it's OK to do. If you're beyond 2 years graduated, I would probably recommend trying to incorporate more recent hobbies as well.

Reactions: Alice G

Sophia Dali

Standard Member
May 15, 2019
Hi Sophia,

I actively do that actually! If your graduation was only say 1 or 2 years ago, then your activities then are still very relevant. Grad rec from Linklaters also confirmed this, if you'd like concrete evidence that it's OK to do. If you're beyond 2 years graduated, I would probably recommend trying to incorporate more recent hobbies as well.
Thank you!!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.