Salaries at the following firms

John Doe 555 333

Gold Member
Premium Member
May 17, 2022
Hi guys,

You'll excuse me for the rather indiscreet question, but I am considering applying to a series of American law firms this year, and so I was wondering if anyone has any idea of their trainee and NQ salaries, as well as the grants they give. These firms all have very small trainee intakes, and do not publish salaries - I wouldn't like to go through the hassle of writing and researching an application, only to find out that the salary they pay is sub-par.

Once again, excuse me for the banality of my question, but I'm sure you'll understand. The firms in question are:

- Arnold Porter
- Greenberg Traurig
- King & Spalding
- Morrison Foerster
- Feagre Drinker
- Brown Rudnick
- Katten Muchin
- Locke Lord
- McDermott Emery
- O'Melveny
- Winston & Strawn

Thanks for your support.

M991

Distinguished Member
Mar 14, 2020
Hi guys,

You'll excuse me for the rather indiscreet question, but I am considering applying to a series of American law firms this year, and so I was wondering if anyone has any idea of their trainee and NQ salaries, as well as the grants they give. These firms all have very small trainee intakes, and do not publish salaries - I wouldn't like to go through the hassle of writing and researching an application, only to find out that the salary they pay is sub-par.

Once again, excuse me for the banality of my question, but I'm sure you'll understand. The firms in question are:

- Arnold Porter
- Greenberg Traurig
- King & Spalding
- Morrison Foerster
- Feagre Drinker
- Brown Rudnick
- Katten Muchin
- Locke Lord
- McDermott Emery
- O'Melveny
- Winston & Strawn

Thanks for your support.

I am pretty sure that MoFo publishes their trainee and NQ salaries - have a look into their recruitment brochure. As far as I remember, first year trainee earns £50K, second year trainee earns £55K, and NQ salary is slightly over $200K.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Did you find out King & Spalding's salary in the end? I could not...
I tried looking as well and couldn't find anything either! :confused: Maybe try emailing grad rec about this? I can understand you may feel awkward emailing just to ask about the salary so in case you do, maybe ask other questions you may have about the firm in the same email (TC structure, what the recruitment process looks like etc.)

sxw517

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Sep 20, 2021
    I tried looking as well and couldn't find anything either! :confused: Maybe try emailing grad rec about this? I can understand you may feel awkward emailing just to ask about the salary so in case you do, maybe ask other questions you may have about the firm in the same email (TC structure, what the recruitment process looks like etc.)
    Thank you, I found a site that said $215,000 1PQE in the US, which is £182,000, so I'm imagining NQ salary would be a tad under this maybe?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.