Sarah's journey into law

SarahB3

Distinguished Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 28, 2019
I encountered intermittent delay when trying to upload my Skadden application on the day of the deadline and I really worked hard on this application. I never foresaw this issue and it really ruined my New years day. I was feeling down but I am taking this as a lesson to never submit or leave things till the last minute.

But I am more than pleased to have received great news from the TCLA team that I have received the silver scholarship. This has truly brightened up my mood and I more than motivated to work hard to secure a training contract with the help of the resources I have access to.

Thank you, team and I look forward to sharing my journey on here! :)

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    I encountered intermittent delay when trying to upload my Skadden application on the day of the deadline and I really worked hard on this application. I never foresaw this issue and it really ruined my New years day. I was feeling down but I am taking this as a lesson to never submit or leave things till the last minute.

But I am more than pleased to have received great news from the TCLA team that I have received the silver scholarship. This has truly brightened up my mood and I more than motivated to work hard to secure a training contract with the help of the resources I have access to.

Great to have you on here Sarah, and I'm really sorry to hear about the situation with Skadden.

We'll do our very best to support you this year. If you have any questions along the way, please feel free to continue to post in this thread :).

Naomi U

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
    Dec 8, 2019

Hi @SarahB3

Congratulations on receiving your scholarship!

Wishing you the best of luck on your journey - happy to help wherever I can:)

• 🤝
    Reactions: SarahB3 and Jaysen

Dheepa

Legendary Member
    Staff member
    Future Trainee
    TCLA Moderator
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    M&A Bootcamp
    Junior Lawyer 43
  • Jan 20, 2019

I've had a really similar experience. Left my A&O app submission too late and the site crashed on me. I remember how annoyed I was at myself for days after that. Great to hear that the scholarship has got you feeling motivated again though! Looking forward to helping you and getting to know you better on the forums! :)

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.