SEO London Application Question

Jasleen

Standard Member
Aug 22, 2019
Hi,

I have to complete a written assessment for an assessment centre with SEO London, and one of the questions is 'tell me about a commercial story or development of interest'. (300 word count)
How do you think I should go about this question?

Kind regards,
Jasleen

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi,

I have to complete a written assessment for an assessment centre with SEO London, and one of the questions is 'tell me about a commercial story or development of interest'. (300 word count)
    How do you think I should go about this question?

Kind regards,
    Jasleen

What are your thoughts so far?

Jasleen

Standard Member
    Aug 22, 2019
    I was thinking going down the technology route, more specifically Artificial Intelligence and new innovations, such as 5G, that are affecting the legal sector. Do you think this would work? I recently read a book by Richard Susskind 'Tomorrow's Lawyers' as well that outlines the effect of LegalTech on the business industries, which I also feel I can include in the answer.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    I was thinking going down the technology route, more specifically Artificial Intelligence and new innovations, such as 5G, that are affecting the legal sector. Do you think this would work? I recently read a book by Richard Susskind 'Tomorrow's Lawyers' as well that outlines the effect of LegalTech on the business industries, which I also feel I can include in the answer.

Try to keep it focused - there’s four different topics in there. Just choose one.

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
    Staff member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Agreed. If you want to talk about the impact of AI on the legal sector, that’s fine. Just try to narrow down what you’re talking about so you’re not left with an undeveloped/vague answer. 5G and legal tech sound like different points (AI comes under legal tech but so does many other things). If you want to mention Tomorrow’s Lawyers to explain how you became interested in the topic that’s fine.

Jasleen

Standard Member
    Aug 22, 2019
    Try to keep it focused - there’s four different topics in there. Just choose one.
    Agreed. If you want to talk about the impact of AI on the legal sector, that’s fine. Just try to narrow down what you’re talking about so you’re not left with an undeveloped/vague answer. 5G and legal tech sound like different points (AI comes under legal tech but so does many other things). If you want to mention Tomorrow’s Lawyers to explain how you became interested in the topic that’s fine.

I am interested in the 5G innovations, so I think it would be best just to talk about this aspect of technological innovations. This will make it more focused as well.

Thank you for your replies, much appreciated!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.