Shearman & Sterling Vacation Scheme Experience

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea of what Shearman & Sterling Vacation Scheme experience is like? Particularly the written exercise, case study and partner interview.

Thank you
Hi @Tiffany Ehimiaghe,

Welcome to the forum! It is fantastic to have you here. I assume that you are asking this because you have been invited to the VS at S&S? If so huge congratulations. That's a massive achievement.

I know that you asked this question a little while back. However, I am very happy to talk about my experiences of vacation schemes, written exercises and partner interviews. I also did two scenario-based interviews with HSF and various article-based interviews too.

I did not do the Shearman scheme, so apologies if you are looking for something very specific!

Have you got a scheme with them coming up?

Reactions: Jaysen

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
Please does anyone have an idea of what Shearman & Sterling Vacation Scheme experience is like? Particularly the written exercise, case study and partner interview.

Thank you
I did not do the scheme either, but I know people who did. Is it a virtual scheme or in-person this year? I have heard that when virtual, the scheme is geared almost entirely around the assessments. For advice on case studies and interviews, read @Jacob Miller's comprehensive advice here!

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021

Thank you
Hi @Tiffany Ehimiaghe,

I have just realised that this may well have been for a Winter Vacation scheme! How did it go?

Fingers crossed that it went well 🤞 🤞

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.