George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Nothing at all :(
Hey @Doyin Oreagba,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet had any responses. When you say pre-recorded interview, do you mean the video interview stage?

If it were me, I would try to proactively reach out to users on the forum who have previously posted about applying to SSs (in particular those who have posted about their direct TC route and the video interview stage). If you type "Shoosmiths" in the search bar (in the top right hand corner of your browser if you are using a laptop), quite a bit seems to come up.

I am very happy to help answer some more general queries about VIs too. This, this, this and this post should give you a thorough understanding of how to prepare for VIs in general!

Reactions: Gs4

aspiringlawyer47

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • May 27, 2022
    Hey @Doyin Oreagba,

I'm sorry to hear that you haven't yet had any responses. When you say pre-recorded interview, do you mean the video interview stage?

If it were me, I would try to proactively reach out to users on the forum who have previously posted about applying to SSs (in particular those who have posted about their direct TC route and the video interview stage). If you type "Shoosmiths" in the search bar (in the top right hand corner of your browser if you are using a laptop), quite a bit seems to come up.

I am very happy to help answer some more general queries about VIs too. This, this, this and this post should give you a thorough understanding of how to prepare for VIs in general!
    Hi George,

I’m quite new to the forum so still trying to get to grips with everything. Thank you so much for this!:)

It’s the video interview stage through the Launchpad software so I won’t be talking to an actual person.

Doyin

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer 50
    Oct 25, 2021
    Hi George,

I’m quite new to the forum so still trying to get to grips with everything. Thank you so much for this!:)

It’s the video interview stage through the Launchpad software so I won’t be talking to an actual person.

Doyin
    Hey @Doyin Oreagba,

Very happy to help!

To PM someone, if you hover over the link to a member's profile, you should see a button for "Start conversation"!

Hope that helps 💪

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.