a.shrivastava

Jun 29, 2021
Hi , I am a litigating advocate in India and enrolled in the bar council here. My brother is a British citizen and i am thinking about moving to UK myself. What little research i have done, indicated that, now for any person to qualify as a lawyer in UK has to clear the new solicitors qualification examination which is to be held in November 2021 for the first time. And further UK has opened up the student post study work visa again in 2021 which allows students to look for jobs and work for two years. the plan of action i had in mind was to clear SQE1 and preferably SQE2 from india itself and enroll myself in an corporate LLM program for fall 2022, which will enable me post study work visa. But i came across a lot of apprenticeship program and training contracts wherein during training u clear the SQE sponsored by the employer.
1. Is it advisable for me to clear SQE before starting my llm or after ?
2. what sort of job opportunities should i be on a look out for? (even after clearing both SQE1 & SQE2 i would need 2 years of work experience to qualify as a solicitor) training contracts? graduate schemes? or lateral hiring ?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.