SQE resit or low score

Chen0106

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 22, 2023
Hi @Jessica Booker , I really appreciate your many excellent reply about SQE as they are really helpful. I am wondering whether I can ask you some further questions about SQE? I am an international student and now graduated and applying for TC. In order to improve my competitive in applying I plan to take the SQE through self-education. And now the exam is coming really close but I don’t think I am well-prepared enough for it. It’s possible for me to have to resit the exam or get pass with a low score. Hence I am wondering whether it would or to what extend it would have an adverse impact on my following application. I will sincerely appreciate it if I can get your opinion replied to this post. Thank you so much in advance.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi @Jessica Booker , I really appreciate your many excellent reply about SQE as they are really helpful. I am wondering whether I can ask you some further questions about SQE? I am an international student and now graduated and applying for TC. In order to improve my competitive in applying I plan to take the SQE through self-education. And now the exam is coming really close but I don’t think I am well-prepared enough for it. It’s possible for me to have to resit the exam or get pass with a low score. Hence I am wondering whether it would or to what extend it would have an adverse impact on my following application. I will sincerely appreciate it if I can get your opinion replied to this post. Thank you so much in advance.
Could you not delay the sitting?

I don’t think getting a low score will be an issue, but I think failing on your first sitting could be for some firms.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.