Stephenson Harwood Application

Brandon93

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Sep 25, 2018
Hi everyone, I am drafting my Stephenson Harwood application, however, I am unsure of how to approach the following questions.

1.)Tell us about your greatest achievements in your work and/or study.
  • What challenges did you experience?
  • How did you respond to those challenges?
  • What was the outcome?
2.)What activities do you pursue outside of work and/or study? Outline any individual and team outstanding achievements.
  • What responsibilities have you taken on?
  • Why did you take on the responsibility?
  • How did you motivate yourself to achieve it?
  • What team activities have you taken part in?
  • What did you do to work together with the team?
  • What was your role in the team?

My initial approach was to give two examples per question since the question specifically asks for 'achievements' and 'activities'. However, whilst drafting I found it difficult to talk about any achievement or activity in depth given the 250-word count and the many sub-questions I have to answer. Should I use only one example per question? Any ideas on how to approach this?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi everyone, I am drafting my Stephenson Harwood application, however, I am unsure of how to approach the following questions.

1.)Tell us about your greatest achievements in your work and/or study.
  • What challenges did you experience?
  • How did you respond to those challenges?
  • What was the outcome?
2.)What activities do you pursue outside of work and/or study? Outline any individual and team outstanding achievements.
  • What responsibilities have you taken on?
  • Why did you take on the responsibility?
  • How did you motivate yourself to achieve it?
  • What team activities have you taken part in?
  • What did you do to work together with the team?
  • What was your role in the team?

My initial approach was to give two examples per question since the question specifically asks for 'achievements' and 'activities'. However, whilst drafting I found it difficult to talk about any achievement or activity in depth given the 250-word count and the many sub-questions I have to answer. Should I use only one example per question? Any ideas on how to approach this?

I wouldn’t limit the second question to 2 examples. Fine to do so with the first one if you want to.

The second question should detail any extra curricular activities. You could focus on one or two in mor detail and then “list out” more activities where you have achieved less/had less responsibility.

I think the questions are there to give you some guidance. I wouldn’t expect you to answer them all for each activity/achievement.

Reactions: Brandon93

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.