TC Application

lb0810

May 11, 2021
One of my top firms for a TC has a strong focus and reputation for their private client work. I didn't do particularly well in Equity (as in I got 50%), but all of my other modules are consistently 2.1s and I am currently completing some very hands on work experience which is quite private client-focussed (I've been drafting wills, LPAs, researching, meeting clients, etc.. and been receiving good feedback). Would my poor Equity mark be completely detrimental to my application, and is there any point in even applying?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
One of my top firms for a TC has a strong focus and reputation for their private client work. I didn't do particularly well in Equity (as in I got 50%), but all of my other modules are consistently 2.1s and I am currently completing some very hands on work experience which is quite private client-focussed (I've been drafting wills, LPAs, researching, meeting clients, etc.. and been receiving good feedback). Would my poor Equity mark be completely detrimental to my application, and is there any point in even applying?
I very much doubt this will be an issue

Reactions: George Maxwell

James Carrabino

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Forum Team
Junior Lawyer 11
Oct 12, 2021
You can guarantee they won't give you an offer if you don't apply!

Okay, I know that's a trite and somewhat unhelpful comment as you don't want to spend the many hours polishing an excellent application if it will be an inevitable rejection.

It seems to me, however, that you have a very genuine interest and strong experience in the area you're applying to. If that isn't an excellent reason to apply to the firm, then I don't know what is! If you are unsuccessful, it could be for any one of a hundred possible reasons, but my guess as well is that this one mark will not make the difference.

Go for it and good luck!

Reactions: Jessica Booker

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.