TC offers and vac scheme date

Mr paralegal

Standard Member
Junior Lawyer
Nov 26, 2018
Hi.

I have been offered a place on a vac scheme and I have two dates to choose from. One in June and the other in July.

As TC offers are made immediately after the vac scheme, I am wondering if a candidate would have a better chance of securing a TC by doing the earlier vac scheme as places might run for the subsequent vac scheme?

Reactions: George Maxwell

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hi.

I have been offered a place on a vac scheme and I have two dates to choose from. One in June and the other in July.

As TC offers are made immediately after the vac scheme, I am wondering if a candidate would have a better chance of securing a TC by doing the earlier vac scheme as places might run for the subsequent vac scheme?
It doesn’t work like that.

The firm won’t take the risk of there being better candidates in the later scheme.

Last edited:
Reactions: anxiouslawyer

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi.

Hey @Mr paralegal.

This is not only a great question, but also one that is difficult to answer definitively. Firms will not say (in my experience) that an earlier vacation scheme will give candidates a better chance of securing a TC. If you are concerned about this, opt for the earlier scheme, unless this is not possible for you?

Either way, I really would try not to worry too much about it. As @Jessica Booker says, it is unlikely that it will make any difference anyway!

Very happy to help where I can with your VS preparation when the time comes. Please feel free to tag me whenever 🚀

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.