TCLA Conference - design your perfect conference!

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hi All,

We are planning to launch our first conference in 2019. It's going to be an intensive event packed with commercial classes, workshops, mock interviews and networking sessions.

I want the conference to really add value to your applications and future career, so I wanted to reach out to see what you would find useful in an event like this. If you could design the perfect conference, what would you include?

There are no wrong suggestions here, so please feel free to be as creative as you would like.

My ideas so far:

Classes
    • An Introduction to the City (mergers and acquisitions and the financial markets)
    • How do law firms run as a business (taught by a managing partner)
    • The future of law firms
    • US v UK firms (panel discussion)
    Workshops
    • 15-minute mock interview sessions
    • Mock case study practices
    • Real legal technology practice (from a legal AI firm)
    • How to improve your writing? (from a former MC partner)
    • How do you improve your applications (from a former MC recruiter)
    • How do you excel during your training contract (for future trainees and trainees)
    Networking (with other TCLA members and trainees)

Thank you!

PS: This is going to be for students, future trainees and trainees, so if you're already secured a training contract, please feel free to share your advice on what would be useful for you.

PPS: You may have seen me alluding to some big news before. This isn't the big news, that'll come later this week.

Best,

Jaysen

Last edited:

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.