TCLA Direct Training Contract Applications Discussion Thread 2023-4

HugoH

Standard Member
Feb 2, 2024
Can anyone who has an Assessment Centre at Baker McKenzie for the direct TC message me if they have their booking is either 28th May or 4th June and are willing to swap to 13th June. I have a vac scheme that runs 9th - 21st June so I am only able to attend the 28th May or 4th June assessment centres. I would be incredibly grateful if I could swap those dates as I am getting desperate and would mean the world to me! :)

Livvia

Premium Member
Apr 12, 2023
Can anyone who has an Assessment Centre at Baker McKenzie for the direct TC message me if they have their booking is either 28th May or 4th June and are willing to swap to 13th June. I have a vac scheme that runs 9th - 21st June so I am only able to attend the 28th May or 4th June assessment centres. I would be incredibly grateful if I could swap those dates as I am getting desperate and would mean the world to me! :)
Hi,

Hope you’re good.

Please, when did you get your AC invite?

desperateTCseeker1998

Valued Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 1, 2023
the ML application asks "Please provide details of your interests and extra-curricular activities - including any positions of responsibility you have held at school, university or otherwise - and an achievement of importance which you are most proud of. "
the word limit is 300 which is not many considering how many extra-curriculars I did (all significant ones) and then I have to talk about a particular achievement too which seems impossible to do all within the word count. Could I put my extra-curriculars as bullet points and then describe the achievement?
Any advice would be helpful but especially interested in your opinion @Jessica Booker

Mxxb

Apr 11, 2024
Is it worth applying to BCLP if they recruit on a rolling basis and the deadline is the 31st May?
I think so- I got invited to first round interview on the same day I submitted my application, interviewed before the application deadline and got invited to ac while others were still doing first round interview. The firm wasn’t BCLP, but I definitely think being early gave me an advantage that helped me in getting a TC offer. Still, it’s better to write a good application rather than rush it and submit an application of lower quality

bangarangbass39

Valued Member
Sep 13, 2023
Does anyone know what firms have an equal split between vac scheme and direct TC intakes? or know where I can find this info?
Ye I'd like to know about AG and Eversheds. Also is there a point in the recruitment process where it is too late to apply? Particularly for firms that recruit on a rolling basis? AG opened the apps for TCs on April 1st. I'm wondering how much time I have to submit even though the firm deadline is the 31st of July. I'm realising from past applications for VS, things go well when I submit earlier.

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Ye I'd like to know about AG and Eversheds. Also is there a point in the recruitment process where it is too late to apply? Particularly for firms that recruit on a rolling basis? AG opened the apps for TCs on April 1st. I'm wondering how much time I have to submit even though the firm deadline is the 31st of July. I'm realising from past applications for VS, things go well when I submit earlier.
Not sure about AG but the past couple years Eversheds has said they filled all their spaces through the VS and didn’t consider direct TC apps

• ℹ️
Reactions: bangarangbass39 and Sharon Wu

Zi48

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
Feb 1, 2022
Does anyone know what firms have an equal split between vac scheme and direct TC intakes? or know where I can find this info?

Not sure if there’s any more recent info but I still use this

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.