Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hey all, is it worth bringing up to grad rec that I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, so my performance in some assessments (ie negotiation exercises) may be affected by this on an upcoming vac scheme? I didn't convert my recent one because I needed to contribute more but I didn't disclose anything about the disorder beforehand as I was worried it would put me at a disadvantage. Any tips on this, as I feel really at a disadvantage but it's out of my control and I don't wanna seem like a weak candidate ):
This is difficult because they can’t take it into account alongside your performance. Instead they need to know what reasonable adjustments you require to the recruitment process to allow you to perform to the best of your abilities.

So it is fine to disclose it to graduate recruitment, but you need to be clear as to what reasonable adjustments you require so they can help you. They can’t determine the support you need, they can only determine whether the adjustment you are requesting is reasonable or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.