time2work

Star Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
Junior Lawyer
Nov 7, 2020
It was pretty basic imo, no info you couldn't find online. Here are some notes:
- The application website asks for a CV but it's not actually reviewed, it's not part of the process
- A Level grades are not considered but must be entered regardless
- Personal statement structure should be Why Freshfields, Why commercial law? Why you? 850 words - highlight 2-3 things in your experiences and talk about why Freshfields can help you be the best lawyer you can be & what you can bring to the table at Freshfields
- Firm tries to review applications within 3 weeks of the application deadline (non-rolling)
- You have to meet the cut-off for the Watson Glaser to proceed to the next stage, there is a Free Watson Glaser on the website
also just wondering how you added your A-level grades to the application? looking at it now, it is only giving me the option of higher education under 'degree'?

Rina

Distinguished Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Nov 14, 2021
    also just wondering how you added your A-level grades to the application? looking at it now, it is only giving me the option of higher education under 'degree'?
    If I remember correctly I added them as "Other" and then just typed "A Levels: XXX" into the text box.

hanz123

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 16, 2022
    The way I'd approach this is to identify certain factors that make AG stand out to you (offices, practices, TC structure, business strategy etc.) ➡️ identify competitors that match AG on these factors ➡️ compare AG to these firms based on these factors and identify their USP ➡️ write about how these USPs makes AG stand out.

Does this make sense?
    Thank you, I really appreciate the response.

In regards to finding a firm's USP have you got any advice for that?

jomar

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 20, 2022
    @Jessica Booker need some advice. I have confirmed my place on a summer scheme with a firm.

However, I would like to still try and get hired on an April scheme that does not interfere with that summer scheme.

Is it appropriate to include in my applications that I will be joining that firm for the summer as "future experience."

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.