TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

F99

Legendary Member
Dec 1, 2021
For those who received a Baker McKenzie VI, it says in the email the link will remain live for 7 days. Is that 7 days including the day the email was sent on? So if I received the email on 6 Jan at 19:10 would that take me to 12 Jan or 13 Jan? And would the cut off be 23:59?

tulaie

Standard Member
Dec 16, 2022
Does anyone have any tips on how to draw upon your open-day experiences on applications? I've had 3 in-person open days but not with the firm I'm currently applying for. Not sure how to make these experiences relevant other than "I networked with a trainee which built my knowledge of life as a trainee solicitor" for example.. any tips would be super helpful!

tofu

Premium Member
Dec 19, 2022
Thanks, I did my VI back in December but still haven’t heard back 😭 not sure what to think because I’ve seen people being accepted and rejected but if they’re still giving out further invites there may be some hope
there's definitely still hope! it took so long for me to receive the VI invite, i think they're really just combing through backlog and it's taking time. no news is good news!

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    Does anyone have any tips on how to draw upon your open-day experiences on applications? I've had 3 in-person open days but not with the firm I'm currently applying for. Not sure how to make these experiences relevant other than "I networked with a trainee which built my knowledge of life as a trainee solicitor" for example.. any tips would be super helpful!
    For firms whose open days I have attended, I would go about it by mentioning something specific about the firm and saying that the information I found was confirmed by the person I spoke to (obviously only if it actually was). For firms where I have attended other firm open days, I would go about it by showing that the information I gained gave me a greater insight into commercial law in general and confirmed my decision to become a commercial lawyer.

Other people may go about this in a different way, but hopefully this helps!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.