TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 26, 2022
Just did the half assessment day with Freshfields in Jan but they still haven't got back to me. They said it could take a couple weeks but now I am nervous.

I recently got a rejection from Hogan Lovells after taking part in their assessment centre so my confidence is pretty low now.
I’m sorry you feel like this! Firstly congratulations on getting to AC for two amazing firms ☺️
If you haven’t already, definitely ask HL for some feedback. It would be very useful for future ACs ☺️
re Freshfields, all you can do is wait really. I’ve been told that I’d hear back within a certain timeframe from firms, heard back after this specified timeframe and frequently still received positive news. Keep yourself focused on uni work/employment/other applications etc! I wish you the best of luck re hearing back from Freshfields with good news ☺️

Logan1101

Distinguished Member
  • Jul 16, 2022
    I’m sorry you feel like this! Firstly congratulations on getting to AC for two amazing firms ☺️
    If you haven’t already, definitely ask HL for some feedback. It would be very useful for future ACs ☺️
    re Freshfields, all you can do is wait really. I’ve been told that I’d hear back within a certain timeframe from firms, heard back after this specified timeframe and frequently still received positive news. Keep yourself focused on uni work/employment/other applications etc! I wish you the best of luck re hearing back from Freshfields with good news ☺️
    Thanks, I feel my general interview ended a bit awkwardly with Freshfields though since I initially forgot to press end call and was still on for a few seconds longer than I needed to be. I feel the analytical and written assessment went well though so could offset this :)

Not many firms left to apply for now, once I got the AC invites it sort of paralysed my other applications and I was just focused on getting prepared. Obviously have to keep on track with uni work which thankfully hasn't been an issue for me.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Just did the half assessment day with Freshfields in Jan but they still haven't got back to me. They said it could take a couple weeks but now I am nervous.

I recently got a rejection from Hogan Lovells after taking part in their assessment centre so my confidence is pretty low now.
    If it was early or mid-January, I would contact them and ask when you should expect to hear back.

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.