Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone have experience being supported by a law firm through disability that stops them taking too many assessments in one day? Please pm me if you’re happy to chat? Worried about how and when to disclose that six hour in-person ACs are too much for me without seeming like I wouldn’t be able to handle the job.
Feel free to PM me about this.

Nom

Feb 7, 2023
Few Qs:

1. I haven't heard back from Covington & Burling, Freshfields, Ashurst and Mishcon at all. Is it safe to assume that I've been rejected from all three? I've completed a VI for Mishcon but I heard nothing from the other three and nothing on the application sites too after I sent in my application.

2. I completed an Osborne Clarke assessment and presentation, is the next step an interview or do I wait for a VS offer?
I just want to bump this because I can't find anything in the forums other than Covington and Freshfields apparently having their AC last week and also to reply about VI.

If its anything like the Mishcon one where you only get 60 seconds to prepare I'd recommend writing down any key words or thoughts so you have some train of thought.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
why do you say the SQE will serve you better than LPC?
Because the LPC will not be a viable route by 2025 because of the lack of people who will be eligible to qualify via the route. We have already lost all the non law grads, and most law grads graduating after 2024 will have to take the SQE too.

Reactions: Sunshinepink

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Does anyone know what being on the longlist for an AC means?
one of two things.

They have shortlisted candidates but then to make a final cut on that list to get it down to an appropriate number of people

Or

You are on a hold list where you could be invited for a future AC if further AC spots are needed.

Lily721

Legendary Member
Premium Member
  • Oct 7, 2020
    Hi all.....anyone have any tips or examples for a question asking you about a 'time you have failed and how you reacted"?

I am really struggling to come up with a good example to talk about in 500 words (this is not because I think I am perfect! lol... I just cant think of a suitable example and the couple of things I have thought to write about I am afraid will draw negativity towards earlier sections of my application)

dalia66

Star Member
    Mar 30, 2022
    Hey all, is it worth bringing up to grad rec that I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, so my performance in some assessments (ie negotiation exercises) may be affected by this on an upcoming vac scheme? I didn't convert my recent one because I needed to contribute more but I didn't disclose anything about the disorder beforehand as I was worried it would put me at a disadvantage. Any tips on this, as I feel really at a disadvantage but it's out of my control and I don't wanna seem like a weak candidate ):

HopefulFutureTrainee123

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Oct 26, 2022
    Hey all, is it worth bringing up to grad rec that I have a diagnosed anxiety disorder, so my performance in some assessments (ie negotiation exercises) may be affected by this on an upcoming vac scheme? I didn't convert my recent one because I needed to contribute more but I didn't disclose anything about the disorder beforehand as I was worried it would put me at a disadvantage. Any tips on this, as I feel really at a disadvantage but it's out of my control and I don't wanna seem like a weak candidate ):
    Hi! From personal experience, as long as you can explain why your disability won't impact your ability to be a trainee lawyer, you should be able to bring it up without any repercussions. AC exercises/vac scheme exercises that don't necessarily test your ability to be a good lawyer can be adjusted so you can perform on an equal level to other people.

• 🤝
    Reactions: hannah04
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.