TCLA Vacation Scheme Applications Discussion Thread 2022-23

Status
Not open for further replies.

eleven14og

Legendary Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
  • Dec 8, 2021
    Anyone have any advice how to beat Pre AC nerves … feeling quite sick and anxious about one in two hours. My Pre-interview anxiety has led me to cancel a previous AC and I just want to get through it aghhh
    I really recommend this video by Idin
    It's only 3 min but helped me calm down before ACs.

Has anyone heard from Stephenson Harwood / SH post case study
    I got into a deep dark hole of looking back at last years VS app thread and I think SH didn't tell people until end of Feb / early March

(doesnt stop me from refreshing my emails)

I think with case studies if you're an automatic / definite no they send you a rejection within one week - then if you're a maybe or a yes then they wait until they have a pool of written case studies and then put forward the ones with the best scores (I think) so fingers crossed we got this! I hoping this elevates some of your worry as it means we're contenders (and this is a guess but at least passed their initial benchmark!)

Lawdolphin

Premium Member
    Dec 17, 2021
    Just did my VI with CRS and blanked out for 10 seconds 😀 gutted because I really wanted to get through but it was my first VI so idk good practice maybe lol
    Sorry to hear it didn't go so well, I'm sure it wasn't as bad as you think! Do you have any tips or were there any odd questions? I'm doing mine later today and dreading it!!

• 🤝
    Reactions: Autotunedbird

LawInTheNorth

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2022
    I emailed them 2 weeks ago requesting my WG result and an update on my application form.

They emailed me yesterday giving me my result and saying that they couldn’t give any feedback at application stage. I think this means I have been unsuccessful. It might be worth emailing them for an update it has been at least 2 months since the app deadline.
    Was this for Spring or Summer?

Petallove1

Legendary Member
    Feb 8, 2023
    Just did my VI with CRS and blanked out for 10 seconds 😀 gutted because I really wanted to get through but it was my first VI so idk good practice maybe lol.

Edit: this happened because there was a loud banging on my door. Should I email grad rec informing them about this? Will this be taken into consideration? When I attended the open day, they said that if something like this interrupts the interview, 'we understand' . Don't know if it would be the right move to email them? @Jessica Booker any advice please?
    Heyy, can I ask what scheme you applied to and when you heard back? :) hope it’s good news!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.