Status
Not open for further replies.

j.s.cox

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer
  • Jan 29, 2022
    @Jessica Booker or anyone else with interview experience, for questions to ask at the end of an interview, say there is only time to ask 1 or 2 questions, is it better to ask a question that are more logistics focused (when is the scheme dates since they are not posted online), experience focused (what's the most rewarding part of working in X/what do you find most challenging), or commercially focused (how will X developments affect the sector or your business going forward)?
    Ask something you are genuinely interested in knowing the answer to. I swear the people recruiting can smell a person being insincere. It also depends on who is interviewing you (partner, HR, someone else). Personally, I used logistic focused questions for HR/Grad recruitment interviews and I asked "What's the most interesting/complex/challenging matter you have worked on?" in partner interviews.

lawapplicant

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 19, 2023
    I think it will depend on the firm. Some firms are clear that they require you to do the SQE in a certain location as they may have a deal with a provider (e.g. City Consortium SQE has to be done at BPP Holborn). Other firms may be more flexible. I would contact your firm to ask about this.
    I assume I can commute into London? How often would I have an in person thing for SQE?
    can I enrol onto a postgrad course along side it, get the postgrad loan, and just neglect the postgrad?

• Haha
    Reactions: CorpLawyer00

laby201

Legendary Member
    Premium Member
    Jan 28, 2021
    Just completed my VI with W&C (my 4th VI of this cycle) and I'm getting more frustrated at how badly they're going.

I feel well prepared, research the firm and try and smile/be natural, but they always seem to go wrong. I get flustered, trip over my words, check the timer and have 5 seconds to make a point and regardless of whether the question is good or not, I never have time to articulate what I'm saying.

It's becoming really demotivating as I put plenty of time into researching and writing applications, but getting to a VI is almost pointless at this stage as I just cannot for the life of me get past one.

Any tips? (and sorry for such a negative post :( )

Phoebe123451

Legendary Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
  • Aug 19, 2022
    about CRS - I did my VI for the direct TC (London) on saturday - have they gotten back to anyone from the summer or spring schemes post-VI? If they have, how long did you have to wait? I'm concious that the direct route is probably last on their list 😅

Reactions: Bubbles and LawBrah
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.