Status
Not open for further replies.

Kubed

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Winner
Junior Lawyer 49
  • Nov 25, 2020
    This is a bit off-topic, but I want to go to the gym during my spring vac scheme. Up in Manchester, there are gyms for which you can pay for daily/weekly passes. I'm looking online atm and can't really find a gym like this - does anyone have any suggestions in the square mile area?
    Somebody has already mentioned Classpass (I've used the free trial to go to Fitness First and Nuffield gyms, which are both in various places around the city and pretty good) and Hussle is another option.

Denver

Distinguished Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Sep 20, 2020
    Can someone make sense of this? I applied to Links a year ago and got a PFO after the AC. I reapplied and got a similar strength/weakness report and an even higher WG score of 90 but wasn’t invited to an AC. Do Links prefer students that are in their second year or what do they base their decision on?

• 🤝
    Reactions: Maham and newtothis

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Can someone make sense of this? I applied to Links a year ago and got a PFO after the AC. I reapplied and got a similar strength/weakness report and an even higher WG score of 90 but wasn’t invited to an AC. Do Links prefer students that are in their second year or what do they base their decision on?
    It maybe that they are able to see your previous application and want to see some form of clear progression/development from the last application. I would often not reinterview the same candidate as the question would often be “is the outcome likely to be any different?” if I did.

Different firms have different policies/processes on these type of things though and there could be a whole host of reasons why. For instance, they may have different things they are looking for this year or potentially even higher standards.

• ℹ️
    • Wow
    Reactions: newtothis, Denver and Bubbles

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
    TCLA Moderator
    Gold Member
    Graduate Recruitment
    Premium Member
    Forum Team
    Aug 1, 2019
    Hi all,
    when a firm asks u to talk about their 'market position' in a partner interview, what exactly does that mean? I.e what should I comment on etc? @Jessica Booker would you have any guidance on this please?
    It ultimately means how does it try to market itself to clients and differentiate or compare itself to its competitors.

Reactions: SAA

hiremeplz

Star Member
    Premium Member
    Junior Lawyer
    Jul 20, 2022
    Actually CANNOT BELIEVE I am saying this following a rejection from 11/13 of the vacation schemes I applied for (and a probable PFO from number 12 due to the timescale), but i just got a VS offer from Cleary after the AC yesterday!!!! it was the last vac scheme i applied for and my first AC, so cannot stress ENOUGH that you genuinely never know what's going to happen! not to do an oscars style speech but i want to thank everyone (especially @hiremeplz )who answered my questions and gave me advice for the AC and also the people who were in my group yesterday even though they'll have no idea who I am!
    🥰🥰

Reactions: LS_1998

Fd321

Esteemed Member
    Premium Member
    Mar 3, 2023
    Has anyone heard back from boodle hatfield and wedlake bell post application? Have not heard anything and find it a bit strange to not even receive a rejection email!
    I had my WB AC on the 28th and I think someone said they were on 23rd and 28th Feb. I have not heard from BH tho so I am presuming maybe they just don’t get back if you’re unsuccessful, as I saw someone say they had heard from BH on this forum

Maham

Premium Member
    Jun 25, 2021
    exact same situation here

• 🤝
    Reactions: Denver
    Status
    Not open for further replies.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.