Travers smith - winter or summer vacation scheme

Alice07

Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2020
I'm new to TCLA, so have no idea really how to use this. I'm on my second application cycle now and really disappointed to say that I didn't get into the firm I applied to and really liked (Eversheds).

My question regards the next application.

Is it easier to get a training contract, or into the vacation scheme, from the winter or summer Travers Smith vacation scheme?

All the best to everyone,

Alice

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi Alice,

Winter VSs v Sumer VSs aren't necessarily easier or harder, although I believe Travers' VS application deadline has now passed for this cycle. While some firms will make winter VSs, for example, for non-law students and grads only, I don't think Travers do this.

In terms of direct TC apps with Travers, the only difference between being recruited on this path as opposed to VSs is that a direct TC app involved 2 interview stages rather than one.

Hope this helps.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.