Travers Smith - winter or summer vacation scheme

Alice07

Junior Lawyer
Oct 30, 2020
I am on my second application cycle now and am really disappointed to say that I have just been rejected from the firm I applied for this cycle (Eversheds). Feeling really upset and in need of some advice.

My question is regarding Travers Smith.

Is it easier to get a training contract, or in for a vacation scheme, from a winter or summer vacation scheme?

Wishing everyone all the best,

Alice

Ricky

Legendary Member
2020 Community Winner
Sep 16, 2018
How many firms did you apply to on your first cycle and this one?

Travers tries to recruit primarily from their Vacation Schemes. If spaces are left then they will fill from Direct TC applicants. I have heard from their GR that Winter is very competitive (only one scheme) so probably more chance for Summer.

Reactions: Dheepa

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    Hi Alice,

So sorry I've only seen this just now. As Ricky has said, Travers do have more places on their Summer VS but I wouldn't necessarily let this put you off applying for Winter either. A strong, high-quality application and interview performance will shine through irrespective. They do recruit more from VSs than direct TC apps though as far as I'm aware so I would probably go down that route.

Reactions: Ricky

Jacob Miller

Legendary Member
    Future Trainee
    Forum Team
  • Feb 15, 2020
    has anyone heard back from travers in respect of their summer vacation scheme application?
    I've seem a few people asking about Travers today - there was some discussion of this maybe last week and one forum user kindly mentioned that GR had informed them they were running approx 3 weeks behind schedule due to WFH etc, and that communications should start coming mid-end February. Hope this helps!

Reactions: djqb and g08pikeno

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.