University of Law SQE Dates and Accomodation

Greg

Dec 17, 2020
As part of my training contract, I will commence the SQE at the University of Law in September of 2023. The official dates for the course are 11 September for the start date, and 18 October for the end date. My issue is that no student accommodation I have been able to find offers a contract of this length - they all tend to run from late September of one year to late September of the following year (for a total of 51 weeks).

Based on this, do you guys have any tips on, or experience with finding student accommodation for the SQE?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
As part of my training contract, I will commence the SQE at the University of Law in September of 2023. The official dates for the course are 11 September for the start date, and 18 October for the end date. My issue is that no student accommodation I have been able to find offers a contract of this length - they all tend to run from late September of one year to late September of the following year (for a total of 51 weeks).

Based on this, do you guys have any tips on, or experience with finding student accommodation for the SQE?
Most people tend to live in private accommodation by the time the law school starts rather than in student accommodation.

Your SQE2 assessments will be in the July anyway, and so it’s likely that most of your course would be finalised before October anyway, and that you may only have to submit your dissertation/extended project (assuming it is a masters level course) after July anyway. It might be worthwhile speaking to the university to find out if this is the case, as if so, you may not even need student accommodation from the mid Summer onwards.

• ℹ️
Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.