Vacation Scheme Question:

Law&Ethics

Mar 19, 2022
Are there any vacation schemes still available?

I am an international student in a Senior Status program. I, unfortunately, could not finish any applications before the deadline.

And now that I am more settled in, I wonder whether I have missed my chance to participate in a vacation scheme?

Can someone offer me some advice? Thank you kindly.

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Are there any vacation schemes still available?

I am an international student in a Senior Status program. I, unfortunately, could not finish any applications before the deadline.

And now that I am more settled in, I wonder whether I have missed my chance to participate in a vacation scheme?

Can someone offer me some advice? Thank you kindly.
Hey @Law&Ethics!

Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to submit any VS applications so far this season due to time constraints. My advice would be to check out this page which lists the firms whose VSs are still open for applications.

Have you considered direct TC applications at all? @AvniD's thread is definitely worth checking out!

Hope that helps :)

Reactions: James Carrabino

Law&Ethics

Mar 19, 2022
Hey @Law&Ethics!

Welcome to the community! I am sorry to hear that you have been unable to submit any VS applications so far this season due to time constraints. My advice would be to check out this page which lists the firms whose VSs are still open for applications.

Have you considered direct TC applications at all? @AvniD's thread is definitely worth checking out!

Hope that helps :)

Hi George, yes, this is helpful! Thank you!

I did see AvniD's post. I am just a little hesitant considering my age and the fact I have a lack of experience.

Thank you, though; I will look into the information. :)

Reactions: George Maxwell

George Maxwell

Administrator
Gold Member
Premium Member
Junior Lawyer 50
Oct 25, 2021
Hi George, yes, this is helpful! Thank you!

I did see AvniD's post. I am just a little hesitant considering my age and the fact I have a lack of experience.

Thank you, though; I will look into the information. :)
Hey @Law&Ethics,

I really would not let this concern you. I know of career changers (with no prior legal experience) who have successfully obtained a TC with top firms!

Would you be comfortable sharing why you decided to explore law as a career changer? I would be interested to hear your story!

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.