Vacation schemes on a student visa

Lawstudent803

Nov 17, 2022
My visa allows for 20 hours a week of work during term-time and I am allowed full-time work when not on term time. The issue is that my term ends on the 23rd of June for Summer whereas some firms run their schemes starting from the 19th. Will this be an issue?

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
My visa allows for 20 hours a week of work during term-time and I am allowed full-time work when not on term time. The issue is that my term ends on the 23rd of June for Summer whereas some firms run their schemes starting from the 19th. Will this be an issue?
Unfortunately it will be an issue.

You will need to find firms running later schemes or speak to the firms to see if there is any flexibility with the vacation scheme dates (eg could you start a week later or only attend two days in the first week).

• ℹ️
Reactions: Deleted member 25207 and AvniD

Niha

Dec 6, 2022
Many firms run more than one summer scheme (i.e, they may have a few options which you can choose from on the basis of the dates that suit you eg. Linklaters), so you may give preference to the ones starting in the beginning of July.

• 🤝
Reactions: AvniD

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.