Verbal reasoning prep

ChristinaAz

Nov 5, 2022
Hey everyone

I am due to take an SHL verbal reasoning test next month. I have completed all Assessment day's practice tests, but when I did SHL's practice test I found the questions much harder. Unfortunately I did not get my results on the SHL practice but I was quite unsure of my answers! Does anyone have recommendations for a good verbal reasoning pack? I was thinking of getting the job test prep one but it's got mixed reviews. Any recommendations would be much appreciated:)

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey everyone

I am due to take an SHL verbal reasoning test next month. I have completed all Assessment day's practice tests, but when I did SHL's practice test I found the questions much harder. Unfortunately I did not get my results on the SHL practice but I was quite unsure of my answers! Does anyone have recommendations for a good verbal reasoning pack? I was thinking of getting the job test prep one but it's got mixed reviews. Any recommendations would be much appreciated:)
I remember using job test prep and assessment day- have you checked them out? Their free resources are quite helpful and substantive, I never felt the need to buy packs, to be honest! You could also google research projects or pdfs with such tests- there are students and professors who research these tests for their effectiveness and list hundreds of them as part of their research which you can not only access freely on Google Scholar or simply through a web search but also find well-explained solutions to the same within the same paper. Worth a shot!

ChristinaAz

Nov 5, 2022
I remember using job test prep and assessment day- have you checked them out? Their free resources are quite helpful and substantive, I never felt the need to buy packs, to be honest! You could also google research projects or pdfs with such tests- there are students and professors who research these tests for their effectiveness and list hundreds of them as part of their research which you can not only access freely on Google Scholar or simply through a web search but also find well-explained solutions to the same within the same paper. Worth a shot!
Many thanks for the advice!

miachaniev

Apr 2, 2023
Look at university tests like the TSA or BMAT that feature critical thinking as part of their components, or the UCAT (which features direct verbal reasoning questions), as all have numerous past papers available online

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.