Video interview W&C vac scheme 2022

Ghassen

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Oct 24, 2022
Hi there,
I've just received an automatic video interview invitation for White & Case winter vac scheme.
Anyone has experienced this before ? Any recommendations or tips about this type of interviews or the questions that could come up ?

Thanks,
Ghassen.

RANDOTRON

Esteemed Member
Junior Lawyer
  • Oct 11, 2021
    Firstly, congratulations on making it to this stage!

Search through the TCLA forum database to see if anyone has posted their past questions. This should give you a sense of what you may be asked. Type them all up into a word doc and write your answers to them – it can be in prose or bullet-point, I recommend bullet-point but whatever works best for you. I'd also have a look at this post (https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/175-training-contract-interview-questions-2/). A number of them are basically the same question just structured in a different way. I'd jot the questions down and prepare answers for them. Practice your answers to yourself and your peers. Each time you practice, think: is there a better way I can say this and am I really answering the question? You'll have to be brutally honest with yourself when thinking about this.

I have read that you should do sticky notes with the potential questions and your answers (in bullet point) around your desk (like on your wall) so you can quickly refer to them. Or have a document opened on the side if possible. Either way, because you'll be given the question, a short period of time to prepare for it, and a short period of time to deliver your answer, it is really important to have your answer on hand so that you can refer to them quickly.

Remember to actually look at the camera when you're delivering your answer. Sticking googly eyes next to your camera will help you focus your eyes there. Also make sure you follow any specified instruction for saving your answer, moving to the question or submitting your responses!

Finally, relax and take a breather before and after each question. It is a nerve-wrecking situation and very awkward exercise, but you should be proud of yourself of having made it to this stage, so be confident in your abilities!

I wish you the best of luck!
    I think that in the past White & Case graduate recruitment have made an Instagram post regarding their video interview. I'd have a look at that. I also found this, which may be of help to you: https://inside.whitecase.com/articles/making-best-impression-your-video-interview

Generally, and as stated above in the quoted message, in a VI, you will be given a question which you have a limited time to read, then be given a limited time to prepare for and a limited time to then deliver your answer. This procedure repeats for however many questions they have set for you in the VI.

Hope this helps, and good luck!

• 🏆
    Reactions: AvniD and Alison C

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.