Video Interview with Watson Farley

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023
Hi, I was recently invited to complete a video interview with Watson Farley. I've never done a video interview before so I'd appreciate any tips. I'm aware about eye contact, enthusiasm etc. I am quite concern with the type of questions they will ask. Are you tested on commercial awareness and firm knowledge?

al97

Esteemed Member
Gold Member
Premium Member
May 30, 2023
Hi WFW applicants, quite a few people have reached out to me via DM so let me post my advice here. @Jessica Booker Jess I'm not too sure if I can post my answers here so feel free to redact my response if not and give me a headsup.

Applicants -
First, thanks for reaching out and I hope this comes in promptly. Please see my advice as follows:

Standard VI tip: relax your shoulder, make steady eye contact, smile, control excessive gestures - of course, these can all be improved when you do a recording of yourself. As for me, I made more than 20 recordings of myself to finally get comfortable, and this is on top of my acting experience, so I appreciate its difficulty and the importance of self-recording. TCLA has a video interview stimulator. Otherwise, consider asking your friends to record their questions for you as practice.

2. WFW questions for direct TC 2025:
  1. Competency question
  2. Commercial awareness question
  3. Competency question related to ways in which you will work as a trainee
Please bear in mind that these are subject to change and the preparation time for each question is different, the first may be 30 seconds, the second was 90, and the last was 120 seconds. I hope this helps and all the best!

Kind regards,
Alice

Reactions: S87

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.