Video Interviews

Tom_1

Sep 22, 2018
Hello all,

Apologies if this thread has already been created but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into Latham & Watkins' video interview? I tried to look in the interview insights section but couldn't find anything so thought this would be the best place to ask!

Thank you!

Reactions: Hassan

Jaysen

Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hello all,

Apologies if this thread has already been created but I was wondering if anyone had any insight into Latham & Watkins' video interview? I tried to look in the interview insights section but couldn't find anything so thought this would be the best place to ask!

Thank you!

I will see if I can find a student who has completed the video interview.

V. Yap

Dec 4, 2018
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the video interview for CMS academy? For instance, are the questions more competencies based or does it revolve around discussion of extracurriculars more? Also, how much time is allocated for each question to be answered? I would really appreciate any tips/guidance on what to prepare for the interview, thanks!

Reactions: Ollie

Ollie

Standard Member
    Nov 29, 2018
    Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone has any insight on the video interview for CMS academy? For instance, are the questions more competencies based or does it revolve around discussion of extracurriculars more? Also, how much time is allocated for each question to be answered? I would really appreciate any tips/guidance on what to prepare for the interview, thanks!

Hi, I did the video interview yesterday. Judging from what another candidate told me, and the questions I had, they rotate the questions around fully so there's not really any way to prepare for all eventualities. As per usual, why law and why CMS are always key to know, but mine focused on situational-based competencies and reactions. Four questions, 1 minute prep time and 1 minute to answer for each.

Reactions: Jaysen

Natalie Black

Distinguished Member
    Aug 13, 2018
    Latham video interview questions were:

1. What are the qualities of a good business; and name a business you think consider to be good.
    2. What practice area most interests you
    3. What are the biggest challenges to clients/ the firm right now (I cant remember exactly which one)

gigi23

Distinguished Member
    Jan 18, 2019
    Hi everyone,
    I would be grateful if anyone can please share the questions for the Bird & Bird video interview :) thanks!

Hi, you might want to check this thread (https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/bird-bird-video-interview.1857/), Daniel Boden shared his experience from last year and it seems there's little use in sharing questions as we might all get different ones ! :) Maybe the practice ones you can do on the link they sent us can also help us get a good idea of the type of questions involved - I haven't had a chance to do that just yet.
    I intend on doing my VI tonight or tomorrow and will try to share details if the process turns out to be slightly different this year.

PrincessTotoro

Nov 13, 2019
    Hi, you might want to check this thread (https://www.thecorporatelawacademy.com/forum/threads/bird-bird-video-interview.1857/), Daniel Boden shared his experience from last year and it seems there's little use in sharing questions as we might all get different ones ! :) Maybe the practice ones you can do on the link they sent us can also help us get a good idea of the type of questions involved - I haven't had a chance to do that just yet.
    I intend on doing my VI tonight or tomorrow and will try to share details if the process turns out to be slightly different this year.

Hey, I hope your Video Interview went okay! How did you find it?

gigi23

Distinguished Member
    Jan 18, 2019
    I've completed the interview and what I can say is that the practice VI really does help. There's no way to predict what question you will get though, for me it was mostly strength-based + one motivation question, I got none of the ones Daniel got last year nor any of the ones I got in the practice VI. In terms of timing it's a little different from the practice VI as you get 60 seconds to think and 1 minute and a half to answer (as opposed to 20 seconds to think and 2 mins to answer in the practice one). But it is the same type of questions. There were four questions total. :)

Hanna Tesfazghi

Standard Member
    Gold Member
    Premium Member
    Nov 15, 2019
    Hi All,

Hope all is well and you enjoyed your Christmas break.

I have recently found out I have progressed to the Weil Gotshal & Manges video interview stage and was wondering if you could offer any advice on the video interview and how best to prepare for it. The invitation email stated it was a way to get to me better as a candidate; so should I be focusing my preparation on my achievements and how my experience would make me a good fit for the firm. Or should I be focusing on private equity and deals the firm has recently worked on?

Many Thanks,

Hanna

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.