Vinson & Elkins Video Interview

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
Hello guys,

I wanted to ask whether anyone has any experience or tips with the Vinson & Elkins video interview for the Summer VS. I was not aware that the process involved a video interview.

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

M777

Legendary Member
Premium Member
Jul 15, 2019
Hello guys,

I wanted to ask whether anyone has any experience or tips with the Vinson & Elkins video interview for the Summer VS. I was not aware that the process involved a video interview.

Thank you in advance,

Dimitris

It's the first cycle in which they've used video interviews! V&E take a lot of interest in your competencies+whether you'd fit within the firm's culture, so it's definitely worth thinking about these two things. It's impossible to predict though (see the first sentence), so just prepare for it like you would with any other vac scheme interview.

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
It's the first cycle in which they've used video interviews! V&E take a lot of interest in your competencies+whether you'd fit within the firm's culture, so it's definitely worth thinking about these two things. It's impossible to predict though (see the first sentence), so just prepare for it like you would with any other vac scheme interview.
That is what I thought (as I cannot find any information about it). From the email, it will be three very short questions (not taking more than 15 minutes). Do you think it will go beyond why law, why V&E and one competency?

Reactions: M777

6Demetris

Star Member
Sep 8, 2019
I suspect it'll be even shorter than that, given that you'll have time to set up your camera and test your lighting/camera/mic quality (and possibly also a non-assessed practice Q to ease you into it). It's impossible to predict what they'll ask, but I know that they're keen on personality and the skills you can bring to a vac scheme/TC.

It'd be smart to consider commercial questions too, although I think this shines through more at the AC stage where you'll have to present a case study to your interviewer(s).

Really difficult to say anything for certain- this is the first time they've used VI's, no mention of it at the open day last year! I imagine they've had an increased volume of applications (they normally get around 500ish) so they've introduced a new stage. V&E are becoming more popular by the day, so I'm not surprised they've introduced VI's
Okay. Thank you. I will let you know after it.

Abgaal

Legendary Member
Premium Member
May 24, 2019
Apparently, you can redo your answers; as in like you can redo your answers as long as you want them. I feel like VE have introduced this because its there first time doing it. i havent done it yet, but i have seen this on a linkedin post

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.