Ward Hadaway TC App Question

aspirationforlaw

Oct 24, 2022
Hello everyone!
I'm in the process of applying for WH TC and I'm a tad confused on one of the questions and the reason for it.
The Q goes:
1. Please give brief details of your non-academic activities and interests including positions of responsibility.
One of the other earlier questions:
2. What are your hobbies and interests?
I am confused as to how to differentiate the answers, because surely they will be similar?
In addition to this, how could I answer Q1 if I have never taken part in team sports/clubs (other than being a member of uni societies) and therefore never held any positions of responsibility?
As always I would be very grateful for your insights!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Hello everyone!
I'm in the process of applying for WH TC and I'm a tad confused on one of the questions and the reason for it.
The Q goes:

One of the other earlier questions:

I am confused as to how to differentiate the answers, because surely they will be similar?
In addition to this, how could I answer Q1 if I have never taken part in team sports/clubs (other than being a member of uni societies) and therefore never held any positions of responsibility?
As always I would be very grateful for your insights!
I would consider your hobbies and interest as those things you don’t have responsibilities for (eg travelling, photography, skiing, playing a musical instrument) while positions of responsibility or extra curriculars to me are the things where other people depend on you to do something.

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
Thank you @Jessica Booker !
I only held positions of responsibility at work... would it be right for me to use this as an answer for Q1?
Only if these positions of responsibility sat outside of what you were contracted to do. This questions is really looking for evidence of you seeking additional responsibilities, rather than those already given to you.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.