Watson Farley and Williams Video interview

achramore

Sep 14, 2018
Hi, just received the news that I have been invited for the Watson Farley and Williams (WFW) Video Interview. I was wondering if anyone had any insight into video interviews in general or maybe even for the firm-specific?

- What type of questions should I expect? (Im guessing why the firm, why commercial law, competency based question like an example of teamwork)
- Any tips for preparation?

If you have WFW-specific knowledge that ever better!!

Thank you and have a great weekend!! :)

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018
Hey! Well done!! There was only two questions - one competency and one commercial awareness. They also give you lots of time to answer. I would also recommend completing the video interview ASAP as I know they have filled most of their ACs (for spring)

Best of luck.

• ℹ️
Reactions: CT, Salma and Jaysen

achramore

Sep 14, 2018
@Roch1234 thank you so much for answering! So for competency something like give us an example of teamwork / for commercial awareness - recent news story?

I've never done an interview before so I'm extremely nervous and don't really know how to best prepare for it..

Roch1234

Distinguished Member
Junior Lawyer
Sep 14, 2018
@Roch1234 thank you so much for answering! So for competency something like give us an example of teamwork / for commercial awareness - recent news story?

I've never done an interview before so I'm extremely nervous and don't really know how to best prepare for it..
Yep, precisely that! Don't be nervous you'll do great! You get like a minute and a half to prep which is more than enough time so make sure you have a pen and paper on you or plan your answers before hand. Just try and do it as soon as possible :) Did you apply for the Spring Scheme?

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.