Watson glaser test acceptance

lpcstudent2021

Feb 15, 2022
Hey all,

I submitted my NRF spring vac scheme application back in October and got an email today stating that it hasn't made it through to the Watson Glaser test. I'm surprised as I've never had this with any other firm before. I was just wondering if there was a reason for this at all. I have the minimum criteria, so I'm unsure why I've not made it through the initial screening. That being said, this would be my third application with them, so if I've hit the limit then fair enough.

If the firm has decided I'm not good enough then fair enough, I'll look for other firms instead but it would be good to know so I don't spend time on that application in the future. Bit disappointing as I was very interested in the firm's work but on we go.

AvniD

Legendary Member
Future Trainee
Gold Member
Premium Member
Oct 25, 2021
Hey all,

I submitted my NRF spring vac scheme application back in October and got an email today stating that it hasn't made it through to the Watson Glaser test. I'm surprised as I've never had this with any other firm before. I was just wondering if there was a reason for this at all. I have the minimum criteria, so I'm unsure why I've not made it through the initial screening. That being said, this would be my third application with them, so if I've hit the limit then fair enough.

If the firm has decided I'm not good enough then fair enough, I'll look for other firms instead but it would be good to know so I don't spend time on that application in the future. Bit disappointing as I was very interested in the firm's work but on we go.
Hey, I'm sorry to hear that your application wasn't progressed. One really can't say which factors were involved in the firm coming to this decision because there really are so many that are entirely out of your control- the volume of applications, how others performed in their tests, how other applications were viewed in conjunction with their WG scores etc.

For your next few applications, I'd recommend getting your application reviewed by your uni, TCLA or friends/family/teacher so you can get another pair of eyes to gauge how your writing is being perceived. And if you feel that you can work on your WG prep more, then feel free to check out these posts here and here for next time.

I know this has been disappointing but you've absolutely got this and I believe in you! 💪🏼

Reactions: lpcstudent2021

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.