"We considered your application to be particularly strong, and would encourage you to reapply next year".

njones95

Gold Member
Premium Member
Jan 13, 2022
A couple of my applications which have been rejected have received a variation on this response:

"Please note, we considered your application to be particularly strong and would encourage you to reapply next year if you wish to do so."

Is this something they send to everyone, or should I take it as encouragement that I've been doing the right thing and I'm just applying too late? I recall being sent this response to my applications to CMS and BCLP, for example, both of which I believe review applications on a rolling basis, and both of which I applied to shortly before the deadline.

Thanks!

Jessica Booker

Legendary Member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Graduate Recruitment
Premium Member
Forum Team
Aug 1, 2019
A couple of my applications which have been rejected have received a variation on this response:

"Please note, we considered your application to be particularly strong and would encourage you to reapply next year if you wish to do so."

Is this something they send to everyone, or should I take it as encouragement that I've been doing the right thing and I'm just applying too late? I recall being sent this response to my applications to CMS and BCLP, for example, both of which I believe review applications on a rolling basis, and both of which I applied to shortly before the deadline.

Thanks!
They don’t send this to everyone. How many people they do send it to is difficult to gauge though (and probably only the firm can explain this).

I’d take it as encouragement though.

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.