Founder, TCLA
Staff member
TCLA Moderator
Gold Member
Premium Member
M&A Bootcamp
  • Feb 17, 2018
    Hey everyone,

I think one of the best ways to develop commercial awareness is to actively engage with commercial topics and discuss them with other people. However, I know that not everyone has access to a group of peers who they can chat about commercial topics with.

That's why this is our next focus in the forum - we want to make the TCLA forum a hub for commercial awareness discussions. Anyone can participate in these, and you can be a complete beginner to get started.

With that in mind, you might have seen this new feature in the forum today (it'll also show up on the left hand side under 'Commercial Awareness'). Each week, I'll be posting a selection of the commercial stories our writers have discussed in our weekly newsletter, analysing a relevant topic and the impact on law firms.

Now, if you select an article, you'll be able to see a discussion tab next to it, which links to a thread for that article in the forum.

Screenshot 2021-02-18 at 16.13.14.png

Each Wednesday, our forum team will kick off a discussion of a different commercial article. We'll try to discuss how this topic could be relevant for your interviews, and anyone is more than welcome to share their opinion.

This is the kind of initiative that improves as more people participate, so please don't feel your commercial awareness needs to be of a certain level to join in. You are also more than welcome to just ask questions.

Finally, this isn't limited to the discussion each Wednesday - feel free to add comments to any article at any time.

Any questions or comments, let me know - otherwise I hope you find it useful!

Jaysen

@Dheepa @Alice G @Jacob Miller @Naomi U @Jessica Booker @LM

About Us

The Corporate Law Academy (TCLA) was founded in 2018 because we wanted to improve the legal journey. We wanted more transparency and better training. We wanted to form a community of aspiring lawyers who care about becoming the best version of themselves.

Newsletter

Discover the most relevant business news, access our law firm analysis, and receive our best advice for aspiring lawyers.